The Beasley Fire Department operates on an entirely volunteer basis, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We serve an area of approximately 30 square kilometres, which includes some 500 dwellings, 1,200 people, a tricky section of highway along the Beasley Bluffs and an 8 km stretch of the Kootenay River. We are funded through taxation by the Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK).
The department provides:
- emergency fire protection and suppression
- emergency rescue including swiftwater and rope rescue
- first responder emergency medical care in support of the BC Ambulance Service
- suppression of wildland fires in support of the BC Ministry of Forests
- fire prevention and investigation in support of the BC Fire Commissioner
- mutual aid assistance to other RDCK and city fire departments
We also provide specialized rescues, such as rope and water rescue. Funding for these activities is supplied through the Beasley Rescue Society.