- July 10, 2013The bulk of the funds for this project were received from the Columbia Basin Trust. The expected completion date is the fall of 2013.
- November 30, 2012FortisBC has generously donated $5,000 to the Beasley Fire Department.
- November 13, 2012The Beasley Fire Department has received a US$2,500 fire prevention grant from FM Global, one of the world’s largest commercial property insurers.
- August 4, 2012Nelson Star - Witnesses at the scene of a weekend drowning on Kootenay River told officials they lost sight of the 64-year-old male victim and the next time they saw him he was under deep water.
- May 1, 2011Nelson Star - Members of several Nelson-area volunteer fire departments received a crash course recently on how to handle wildfires threatening homes.
- December 18, 2010Beasley Fire Chief Al Craft is seen here presenting Nelson Fire Rescue with a cheque for $500 for their annual Muscular Dystrophy fundraising drive.